1) Last weekend I had the chance to be the co-moderator for #satchat. This group of dedicated educators has been an inspiring part of my growing PLN (professional learning network). I have learned so much through our Saturday morning chats. When I had the chance to lead the group, I was nervous, excited, and scared all at the same time. It was an honor to be selected and I am looking forward to other opportunities to share with my colleagues in the future.
2) One of my goals has been to connect with other educators and I have started to blossom in that area through my social media interactions. I started using Voxer after a month of trying to figure it out! This tool has linked me with some inspiring ladies right here in South Carolina. I look forward to connecting with them, hearing their perspectives, and learning about what is happening in their week. Sometimes you just need to know that others share your experiences.
3) This week I became a part of the ClassDojo Mentor community. This behavior and communication tool has become an essential part of my classroom management plan. As a member of this group, I am already seeing some new, exciting ways to use it. I was also able to share some ideas with one of my interns as a way to motivate students who may need positive reinforcement in the classroom.
4) Working with a group of first graders has truly been a blessing for me this year. There are days/nights when I want to pull my hair out because it is hard work. But the rewards you get are worth it. A huge celebration for my class and me last week was when my only "non-reader" read her first book! Everyone was excited for her. I felt like a proud parent. I prayed for her and was happy to see the hard work that she puts in at home and at school pay off. We have other moments to celebrate, but that one meant the most to me.
5) Finally, as I am typing up this blog, I am already thinking about a topic for my NEXT blog thanks to another community that I have connected with via social media. This group, #TribeofBloggers, will hopefully help me commit to making time for my blog. The goal is one every two weeks. Stay tuned...