Microsoft Innovative Educator

Microsoft Innovative Educator

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Blogging Tribes

This first week of January has been busy, yet motivating. I want to thank everyone that shared in the journey of my Blogs A-Z. It was hard work, but so much fun. Now, I have a new challenge: The 30 day blog challenge. One of my goals for the new year is to keep the momentum going with this blog and continue building my audience. This Blog Is Why I think I have found a new blogging family (or two) and I am excited for the journey.

If you want to participate or learn more about the 30 Days Blogging Challenge with A. J. Juliani, click the link below. In a nutshell, you will set a goal for yourself to write a certain amount each day and pledge to post X number of blogs per week. There is also a list of other bloggers who are participating (check out #52) so you can read and comment on their blogs for some support/encouragement.

30 Days Blogging Challenge

I will also be a blogger for EdChange Global Classrooms, an online conference. You can register to participate as well. The conference sessions run from February 28th-March 1st (24-hour event). I am excited for the opportunity to share with the #EdTech world about the exciting work in my classroom. Be on the lookout for my blog post in February.

EdCamp Global Classrooms

Last, but certainly not least, I am ecstatic to join the #CompelledTribe. From my initial interactions with this group of educators, the vibe that I get is extremely positive. I have joined and tried some other groups or "tribes" in the past with little success. The group members did not seem to be as dedicated and eventually just fizzled away. You may have heard or seen many people talking about their #OneWord2017. My initial word was "driven" because I am more driven than ever to accomplish the goals that I have set for myself. My discussions about the topic made me think about my runner-up word and "vulnerability" (I stumble over saying this word, even in my head!) was a great candidate. I am looking forward to being more vulnerable in 2017. Not only sharing my successes, but also sharing my stumbling blocks. Those events in life that have made me stronger, more determined and even more DRIVEN. With this new tribe, I am looking forward to sharing ideas, learning from professionals who have a variety of experiences, and of course blogging!


No comments:

Post a Comment